The documentation for setting up and using WebMapReduce can be found here. This documentation has three main sections:
There is also Javadoc documentation for the backend.
See the Download page.
WebMapReduce has several dependencies. The frontend requires the following dependencies:
- An Apache 2 webserver running mod_wsgi
- Python 2.5 or above (not 3.x)
- Django 1.4 or above
- SQLite 3 or above
The backend has the following dependencies:
- Apache Hadoop 0.20.x, or an equivalent distribution such as Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop version 2 or 3.
- A POSIX-compatible OS (e.g. Linux, Mac OS X, BSD) or support layer (e.g., Cygwin)
- Java SE 6 or above
- The compiler or interpreter for each language you use must be installed on all Hadoop nodes
- Recommended: sudo or an equivalent system that allows unprivileged users to execute commands under other (unprivileged) accounts. (Some OSs have this support built in.)
For further information, see the Installation page of the Administration Guide.